Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rani's 1st birthday!!

Rani turned one today. I can't believe it has already been a year. Don was such a good dad and put together a kitchen set for her that his parents bought her. The instructions said it would take four hours to assemble, but being the pro he is, it only took him about two and a half. I think Rani will enjoy playing with this kitchen for several years.

all the pieces to assemble


all the screws to use in assembly


the directions


the finished product


We had a fun time today with family and friends. Her birthday theme was sesame street since her favorite dvd to watch is the sesame street dance along. Every time we put the dvd in her face lights up and she immediately starts clapping her hands. We really appreciate everyone making the drive to Vaiden to celebrate with us. Rani really enjoyed playing with her family and friends and she also thought it was pretty neat to get to open all her presents. She definitely devoured her cake that she had. She kept looking at me with eyes like, "aren't you going to tell me I can't have this?" Don and I are just so thankful for the blessing God has given us in our daughter. Rani got two baby dolls today and I think they will be good practice for her in getting ready to welcome her little brother in November. I know she will be a great big sister.



Rani swinging in her new swing




the cake


her little birthday cake




a satisfied look









3 comments:

Christie said...

hey, i'd play with that kitchen any time!

well, after playing with Rani, of course.

two cakes?!!? lucky!

Jason and Leigha said...

Awww...that sweet baby is one already. I can't believe that it has been a year already. It looks like ya'll had a great time. I hate that I missed it, but I am so glad that I got to see ya'll the other day. Happy Birthday sweet Rani! :)

Paisley said...

woah, that kitchen looked pretty complicated! Good job dad!! Rani is so adorable and little!! What a sweetie!!